The flag of Cambodia is a horizontal tricolour of blue, red (double width) and blue. At the centre of the flag is a depiction of the temple of Angkor Wat in white. This flag was originally adopted in 1948; however, 5 other designs were used thereafter. On 29 June 1993, following the restoration of the Cambodian Monarch, the flag of 1948 was re-adopted. The flag of Cambodia's red and blue colours owe to the traditional colours of Cambodia whilst the temple of Angkor Way is a famous temple built by the Mahidharapura monarchs in the 12th century.